Pages

02 September 2013

let's just pause for a moment

I WISH there was a use-by-date for grieving. A rule that says grieving ceases after a period of time. That five years after my parents have passed away, I would remember them and it wouldn’t hurt as much.
That, when my 10-year old went on his first camping trip, I didn’t wish I could Skype my parents for the occasion.
That, when my 4-year old says the darnedest things, I didn’t think of how much it would have amused my dad.
That when my little girl was born, I didn’t imagine my mum were there to meet her.
Grieving, I find, is an infinite process. I lost my parents and my heart was broken. Yet the world continues to spin on its axis and I continue on with my journey. It’s curious- I go through my life happily content and then someone does the most random of actions and my bubble collapses.

My existence is peppered with episodes of longing.
Wishing. Wanting. Needing.

No comments:

Post a Comment